Anyways, while I was gasping for air
(and destroying my knees on the cement)
I noticed a worm that didn't look so fair.
There, in the very center of that path,
Laid the crusted thing looking very grim.
For some reason, I think I might of laughed...
All the moisture had been sucked right out of him!
All shriveled and blighted,
I wondered how he got that disorientated?
He wandered too far from his earthen path,
Or maybe he just took too long of a bath?
Either way, it's a pity no one saved him.
Given the chance, I would've taught him to swim.
1 comment:
that reminds me of a fly that I tried to revive. I had found him in the most lifeless of positions: on his back, motionless. I took him for dead, but as I stuck out my finger he latched on. He sat on my wrist for an hour and taught me things, as I watched, that will last a lifetime.
Post a Comment