Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crooked Conversation


Don't leave so soon.
Maybe let's chat.
Let's sit under that great big moon
And we'll talk about just that.
You listen carefully
I open my mouth...
I'm from a no where land.
A town that's really just a neighborhood.
It's name is everything but grand.
There are no secrets
Everyone's a parrot.
Raised in a town of little gossips
No one acts like true grownups.
.... time passes,
I tell you how I feel.
What do you mean, "is this real?"
What else did you expect?
I usually choose the worst for my best.
This I must and do confess.
I can't say my life is no mess.
I settle for something only second best.
I admit I don't pursue Him hard.
Infact, sometimes not even at all.
Silence fills the empty space.
We sit there starring face to face.
I sit there waiting to hear your response.... ....
Uncaring and selfish, I move on.
Self absorbed in my own little world...
Something grabs hold of it and I realize
Enough about me, what about you?
What's behind those eyes I see?
What kind of man will you turn out to be?
Are you someone who's trustworthy?
Or will you break every part of me?

No comments: