Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Luke

I went running today when I got home from school.
On the lake path in the direction towards home,
a furry friend soaking wet from enjoying himself in the lake joined me.
He tagged along my side for some time... all the way home actually.
Yes, I did look for someone to claim him as I ran, but no one did.
Everyone I passed assumed that Luke was with me.
I couldn't get rid of him, even if I had wanted to try.
So, to my house he came. I fed him, and watered him.
But unfortunately, he had a lady at home that missed him.
That is when we had to part and go our different ways.
He didn't even say goodbye.
Luke, you were a good pet whilst you were mine. 
Thanks for joining me on my birthday jog. 
Maybe we'll meet again on the shore path.

No comments: