Thursday, February 19, 2009

ho-hum

I looked at the clock just now and it's exactly 11.00 pm.
You know what that means?
I don't... except that sleep sounds good right about now.
And that is what I will do as soon as I feel satisfied with my scribblings... typings?
I've been messing around with art more than usual lately...
Today I realized that yes, every single piece is unique, 
BUT a piece of art is constructed from many different ideas that already exist...
How unoriginal. 
No one has ever written what I am writing this second.
It's completely unique... 
Maybe not though
I mean, the message of this message is pretty common.
Uniqueness... can there be such a thing?
Everybody's a copy cat.
I'm just going to copy cat somebody pretty stinken dang cool.
Mmmmhm.

3 comments:

kitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

Anything that you create is unique in every way. Even if you write or paint something that has been done a thousand times before, it has been seen and interpreted by your eyes. In that aspect it is completely unique. Expression and creativity is never unoriginal because you aren't unoriginal.

@@®o|\| said...

Some call it "intertextuality": The creative process is not so much about making something unheard of but rather taking fragments of familiar ideas and piecing them together to create something new--something recognizable though different perhaps in it's application and design, that is, in how you interpret the ideas. I don't think this degrades the process in any way.