Monday, October 24, 2011

Time Log 9: Senior Drawing

Total Hours: 14

Well, this week was pretty productive, thankfully. I started and almost completed one drawing (my first final). I've also started a second drawing. I have a few minor touch ups to do on the first drawing, and I'm 1/2 finished with the second drawing.

I am working in charcoal. I played with both graphite and charcoal, and chose the charcoal over the graphite for a few reasons... it's messier/dirty looking - which directly applies to my concept, I feel more comfortable working in charcoal - which is critical considering our time line, and I love contrast - charcoal highlights contrast! I've been working all my compositions from the photos that I've already taken.

I am going to have to take a few more photos to get to the 8-10 images that I'd like to have by the end of the semester, which is totally doable.

No comments: