Saturday, May 3, 2008

....time....long nights....


Tired mind.
Endless thoughts.
I can't sleep.
So distraught.
......... ...... .
Can't get over
this or that.
Keep replaying
every chat.
How did we get
from here to there?
I miss the moon,
and your longhair.
..... .....
What time is it?
It's getting light.
The moon has gone.
It was just midnight.
Time keeps slipping
from my hands.
This keeps ending,
again and again.
... ....    .......... .
A song? O yes, I hum along...
"somedays I love you,
somedays I don't.
but when I love you,
you're all I want."
I need sleep
to clear my head.
I can't sleep 
in this empty bed.
. .. ... ....
You see, I miss this friend
More than any boyfriend.
Things I would say,
if I may?
"Forgive me for:
my silly games,
my indecisiveness,
for my shame,
also for when
I called you dumb names.
Once again,
you've won in this game.
You've got my heart.
But who is to blame?"
And there I go,
I just keep rambling. 
.... ..... ...... 
No, this is not a game.
A spark can explode
into a great flame.
.. ....
Sleep, where are you?
Come to me, please!
My thoughts are endless.
Sleep, give me peace.

2 comments:

Laura Michelle said...

God give me peace. :)

Kate Elizabeth said...

Yes.... yes. I agree. But sleep is what I am deprived of most these days...